Monday, October 12, 2009

Kitchen Re- do




Allen and I decided this summer to tackle the task of removing the old outdated wallpaper in the kitchen and giving it a fresh coat of paint. Actually, I really wanted to do this and Allen hates painting so he did it out of a heart full of love. We picked out a cool grey which to me now looks like a blue and painted the walls.

Did you know that fabric softener can make wallpaper fall off the walls? Okay, okay not really but it makes the process about a thousand times easier.
So we applied the fabric softener to the walls, scraped and scraped the wallpaper and swept up the remains. We painted trim for days, painted kitchen doors for days and painted the walls for days. My favorite part of the kitchen is the chalkboard paint we applied to the attic door. Yes, you can reach the attic through our kitchen. I would love to add new blinds, and curtains for our windows. One day maybe we could even put tile on the kitchen floor. But as for us newly weds, I am pretty proud of our kitchen re-do

2 comments:

  1. I LOOOVE it! The color is perfect! Post more pics. Taking down wallpaper and painting is the #1 thing I hate doing most :). I feel your pain! Wallpaper was ALL over the walls in almost every room of our condo in Windhover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fantastic! So clean and crisp and up-to-date. I like the hit of black on the attic door. Paint is such a great budget friendly way to make a huge difference! You guys did a good job.

    ReplyDelete