Monday, October 12, 2009

Thank you to Parks and Shirley Garrett!


I am soooooooooooo excited!! I have been looking at the space behind our front door (our only attempt at an entryway) and thinking that I just was not happy with it. A cousin of mine gave us this wood thing that we decided would fit nicely behind our door. It was convenient to us, a place to put our mail, car keys, sunglasses and even some of my necklaces. But the more I looked at it the more I disliked it.

I dreamed of a nice cozy nook where the contents of our pockets would not always be on display. I searched craigslist. I looked at hobby lobby. I thought about the contents of my parents house and tried to come up with something they might want to give away. I visited the goodwill. I even looked in the basement for something that might work.

Today on the way home from work I decided that instead of going to the local TJ Max (where they practically know my name) or Ross that I would visit the attic of our house. Allen's grandparents, Parks and Shirley Garrett were very good at keeping things. A lot of very cool vintage stuff. So up allen and I went. And wouldn't ya know! We found this dresser!! All I had to do was wipe it down and look around the house for a few odds and ends to place on top. We even got to use our little white chalkboard from IKEA above it!

So that being said, I can look at my little cozy entryway and be satisfied. I huge thanks to Parks and Shirley!

2 comments: