Thursday, October 15, 2009

Things I am loving right now

A good friend of mine who has infinitely more wisdom than I, sometimes posts things that she is loving right now. Sometimes they are material goods (like soap and pancake mixes) and sometimes it just might be things/events/people in her life at the moment. Well, Bethany please forgive me but I am taking your idea! So here are several different things that I am loving right now!

  • hot tea- usually i drink a cup of joe with lots of milk and sugar in the morning on the way to work. But lately or really ever since I was sick I have been only wanting hot tea. Not the lemony kind or fruity kind but basically earl grey or chamomile. I love the warmth and the lightness of tea. The taste of coffee is so distinct but with tea you can pick different flavors and spices.
  • spray paint- spray paint can transform your house. Or really the items in your house. I have been spray painting pumpkins to add a lil festive color to our living room but my next task is to spray paint the metal stars we have outside our house. I am going for the color of turquoise. I think with the newly painted front door and brick that it will look fun and funky.
  • an Esther bible study- a friend of mine asked me to join a women's bible study for the next couple of months. It has been awhile since I have committed myself to something like that and I am loving it. God is so amazing. His timing is so sweet and perfect. I love being around these women that are in so many different places. I am hoping that God will really transform us into his image even more during the next few months.
  • sweet tarts- not your usual sweet tarts. You know the ones that make your mouth turn inside out. But the chewy ones that look like BB's. I keep some in my desk at work and they are a nice break from teaching sometimes.
  • hot apple cider - oh it smells like fall and tastes like fall! Atlanta has been nothing but rain and cold the past week and a hot hot cup of apple cider makes it all worth it. I buy the kind at walmart.
  • candles- any color. almost any smell. I feel like they bring an immediate sense of relaxation, coziness and richness to any room. And when you go to TJ max and target as much as I do, then you can usually find good sales.
  • email- i used to email people all the time. I mean all the time. I might even go as far to say that I was addicted. But then i stopped. I guess I got busy and started texting. But really how much can you say over a text? I have re-found the greatness of email. Especially for those friends that live in different time zones or countries.
  • holidays- thinking about the upcoming holidays like thanksgiving and Christmas. All the fun activies that accompany that time of year. Even thinking about what others might enjoy recieving as Christmas gifts. Thinking about the white twinkley lights, our first Christmas tree, hot chocolate and having to wear mittens when I am outside! The wrapping paper, the amazingly touching christmas carols...

So those are just a few little things. Last night I layed in bed and started to get really annoyed with our renter downstairs. Our bedroom is over half of his kitchen so when he cooks we smell it. When he puts his dishes away we hear it. When he wakes up and wants a midnight snack, the slamming of the cabinet doors wake me up. Not allen, he is out like a light but i wake up, lean over and reach for my ear plugs. Well once I started thinking about all that other things crept into my mind. It is so easy for me to go from slightly annoyed to a full on war with my thoughts. I hate that. Mid-thought, I realized what I was doing. I had to repent and ask for forgiveness. I realized I complain more than I want to. So today I decided that every time I complain or hear myself in my head complain that I would move the rubber band on my wrist to the opposite wrist to keep track. So far I have done well. We will see how the rest of the night goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment