Monday, October 19, 2009

w-e-e-k-e-n-d

I loved this weekend. I love all weekends, but this weekend was really great. It almost feels like a gift. Lots of rest. Lots of love. Lots of things on my never ending to do list getting checked off.

Thursday night we stayed with our good friends Willy and Laura. They live right by my school so on Friday Allen came by and brought me lunch. My day was immediately made better by 100%. Later in the afternoon he stopped by again with a hot chocolate in his hand and a few free hours to spend with me during my planning period. It was so much fun to have him at work with me. A little bit of Allen in my work world was such a blessing. Friday night we hung out with some pizza, salad, Dwight and Michael and a nice fire in the fire place. Saturday morning was awesome. I woke up freezing with the smell of the heat being turned on for the first time and then falling back asleep until around 11am. It can make such a difference to wake up and feel rested instead of just awake. After sleeping in we made it to a furniture salvage store in hopes of finding a dinning room table but came up empty handed. Back to craigslist I suppose. Lanier met us for lunch at a new tavern near our house and we enjoyed really good hamburgers. After lunch we shopped a little bit and visited a pumpkin patch. A hot chocolate and a purple dress later we arrived home ready to bake brownies and work on some home projects.

The brownies were amazing and the crafts projects brightened up my house. I will post pictures later on. Lanier left early that evening and we headed over to a friends house for a birthday party. Lots of chili, cake and little kids later we arrived home ready to call it a day. We took care of two little jack Russell’s for a friend and enjoyed staying at their beautiful 3 story home.

Sunday arrived early and went by too fast. I visited a thrift store in search of something to wear for my schools “decade day” and then came home and transformed our back porch from a storage area to a cozy breakfast nook/reading space. I would love to hang new curtains and paint the walls but as for now and our small budget I am so completely happy with the change! Allen made homemade chicken soup last night and we ate dinner out their with the radio on instead of a TV. It was so awesome. Every time I came into the room with another helping of Sister Schubert rolls I just got this big grin on my face.

I loved this weekend. I had so much fun with allen. I loved seeing my sister. I enjoyed being creative with our budget and making this house more of a home.

No comments:

Post a Comment