Friday, December 11, 2009

Kind words for Encouragment and blessings

God is so great. He is matchless in his relentless encouragement and ability to love me. I am so glad that he knows our thoughts and our hearts. I am forever thankful for the people that he has purposely put in my path to encourage me and point me towards Him.

I am at my desk trying to write and have so many thoughts and feelings in my mind/heart right. I know that I don't have time to write them all down or even explain them very well but I called a friend this morning on the way to work to just sound off some frustrations I was feeling. I don't think I really spoke to her, I think I spoke to Christ in her. I am forever thankful to Christ and to her. I am so happy that she is in my life and that she is allowing Christ to use her in an early morning phone call. I feel refreshed and I feel brand new. I don't know if that makes any sense but I know it does to the Lord and that is where it counts.

Last night Kelly came into town to hang out, be a friend, Christmas shop and throw down at the tacky Christmas sweater party allen and I are having this Saturday. I love her so much. She can brighten the room with her laugh and with her presence. No matter what comes our way I know that we will be friends and that God will continue to use each of us in our walks with Him.

I hope that this Christmas season you are overwhelmed with God's goodness. That the Christmas tree, and the parties, and the gifts don't get in the way of God. He gave us Jesus and that changed EVERYTHING! I know that I love hot chocolate and twinkly lights, decorations and "holiday" music but I am pushing myself to remember why I celebrate this season. All my students are reminding me that Christmas has become a tree and gifts. If people from other religions can get excited about Christmas because that means more parties and fun decorations then we are in danger of losing the true value of this celebration.

I want to be excited about God's gift to us...Christ. I want to be more in love with Him than with the tree in my home and the twinkly lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment