Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Give up the illusion

So as I opened up my devotional for today this is what the first sentence said:

"Give up the illusion that you deserve a problem-free life. Part of you is still hungering for the resolution of all difficulties. This is false hope! As I told my disciples, in the world you will have trouble."

Sometimes what we want to hear from the Lord is not what he desires to tell us. I have learned this many times before but I needed to learn it again during this present situation. I am looking forward to the growth God has for me right now. And I am especially looking forward to the growth He has for allen and I as a husband and wife. AMEN.

1 comment:

  1. In the sermon this past Sunday the preacher said something that made me think of you. "Just like herding cats sometimes God closes all the doors except the one he wants for us to go through."

    ReplyDelete