Tuesday, February 16, 2010

no title for this post






















So this past weekend was valentines. I never have really gotten into valentines. The last time I really remember making a big deal out of the holiday was in 8th grade. I had this "boyfriend" who I had never met ( a friend of mine at the time had set us up so we were a couple across the phone- - i know -- lame) and I found out that he was not going to send me a valentine to school. I guess I had this high expectation that some 13 year old would send me flowers to my middle school, I don't know why this made complete sense to me.
So the brilliant person that I was I decided to "fake" a valentines from him. I got my parents to take me to Revco (now CVS) and I bought myself a huge chocolate box that said I LUV U on the front. I got to school realllllly early that day. Walked in and said hello to my teacher and then ever so slyly and secretly (i was the only one in the class) I placed it on my desk. I even went as far so to write my card with my left hand so that no one could compare handwriting and say that I staged this gorgeous chocolate gift. HA! wow, was i pathetic or what?!! I laugh so hard when I think about that valentines.

So valentines has always been a cute holiday but one that I really don't remember paying much attention to. Hardly even noticing the red and pink and white cards in target or other such stores.

And I am okay with that. I have always been okay with that.

This year I had fun though. I really celebrated it. We had fun. We put pink heart icing on our Cinnamon rolls Saturday morning, allen brought me heart shaped doughnuts Sunday morning with gorgeous flowers, and I bought him all of his favorite things (ex. bold flavored chex mix, dark chocolate with raspberry and vitamin water to name a few). Allen took me out on Saturday night to a fancy shmancy but cool reasturant overlooking the snow covered Piedmont park at sunset.....

Sunday we did dinner our way with pizza and a delecious salad at home with the office and lots of glowing candels. We had some tasty wine from Italy and some cute pink/white/red brownies....

here's to Valentines 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment