Saturday, April 24, 2010

raindrops sliding down windows

I love listening to the rain. I am not a big fan of super strong storms unless I am safely watching from inside at the beach. I love the way it rain cleanses and refreshes the area that it falls on. I am loving that right now my semi yellow pollen covered car is becoming once again a nice shiny black car.

This weekend is one of fullness again. I am so blessed. Thankful for weekends filled with people in our house, cooking dinner for others and celebrating relationship. I am also so thankful for easy laid back weekends with sleeping in, reading books, and doing whatever we feel motivated to do. Last night we hung out with friends until about 2 am and we had a blast. I always feel encouraged and loved when I leave their company and I can't say that about everyone that I consider to be a friend. God has his hand over their life and they are always focused on Him and I am just so thankful that he intertwined our lives together.

I am working on being thankful to God for everything in my life. Even when we get a bill or we realize that we have a roof leak. God is so good to us in a way that I can even put into words to type out - I don't want to complain about anything to him anymore. I know that is a daunting task and one that apart from Christ is impossible for me to do.

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts; to which you were indeed called to one body; and be thankful.
col 3:15

No comments:

Post a Comment