Sunday, June 6, 2010

2 vactions + a car wreck

Yesterday started off fabulous. I am at the beach. I am with family. I woke up late late late and had a wonderful cup of joe. Made plans to go on a walk with a friend so got in the car and headed that way. As I was stopped at a traffic light I looked up in my rear view mirror and noticed a red mustang speeding towards me. No reaction time left me with a scream when the driver drove into the back of my car, jolting my upper torso forward and almost slamming into the red truck in front of me. The angels of heaven were watching over me, because if I had been pushed into the truck in front of me I have no doubt that my air bag would have deployed causing more injury than harm.

We pulled over and did the responsible thing like notifying the police and checking with each other to make sure we were okay. I told her that I didn't think I was and would be heading to the doctor once the police were finished. Then I just lost it. I really cried. Car wrecks can be so startling and scary and if you looked at the damage left on my car you would think it was so minor but being jolted like that and having my car pushed forward so fast out of my control just really got to me. I just lost it emotionally.

So the police came yada yada and we left. I talked to dr at the local clinic and he told me to make my way over to the ER, which I was not up for so I am headed to the clinic later today. Besides some abnormal collarbone and neck pain I feel better than I did yesterday.

I really believe that the driver was texting. I can't know that for sure, but I don't see how someone could be driving the normal speed when everyone else was stopped at a traffic light. So if you text while driving (guilty on more than one occasion) be smart and just put down the phone. No text message is worth the damage that it can cause. I know that this drivers possible mistake really taught me a valuable lesson.

2 comments:

  1. Amen on the texting. I have done it so many times, but I don't do it now. I'm so glad you're ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! Are you better now? Texting while driving seems idiotic to me (no offense S & W)

    ReplyDelete