Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Ready for this?

*** disclaimer: I do not look like this now. I am well on my way, but do not have a belly like this!

So when Allen and I first found out we were going to be parents we stared at the test in shock. We laughed. We kept asking each other "really? is this real?" It was a really cool moment. It was like we were the only people in the world. This baby was a great surprise and we couldn't be more thankful. For most of my life I played out this moment in a specific way, like telling my husband by buying little baby shoes or cooking him a nice meal and putting baby food jars out etc. Not calling him in the bathroom and saying "look! look!" at a little test. However, I would change a thing about it. It was amazing and so real.

Soon I realized that even though I was not very far along I could no longer hold in my tummy. Loose shirts became my friend at work so that I could feel more comfortable and many trips to the bathroom soon became the norm the last month of school. A few weeks later Allen and I went to the mall on Saturday afternoon and for fun I wanted to try on some materiney jeans. Lo and behold they have a fake strap on belly in the dressing room. Cue the picture above. It was a very real and emotional moment to see that reflection in the mirror.

So baby is growing and growing as well as my experience with pregnancy. It is a blessing to be this far along and I am so thankful that God has allowed us to be a part of this plan thus far. We are looking forward to our last beach trip of the summer and a 3d ultrasound. Many more pictures to come soon to document our experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment