Friday, September 17, 2010

A weekend to look forward tooooooooo.....

This weekend it a weekend to look forward to. I have stared it on my calender. I have made to do lists, grocery lists, cleaning lists etc.

My mom arrives tonight to hang out, catch up and help us tackle the challenge of the guest bedroom. We are also going to get a head start on the nursery. I am hoping for lots of laughs, good food, watching movies in our pajamas and productivity.

Tonight we are enjoying steaks on the grill, healthy sides and most definitely a dessert.

Saturday we are planning picking up the crib + mattress, assembling the new guest bed, re-arranging some furniture, spray painting a few things and hopefully hanging some curtains. Dinner is TBD but I know that it will involve good conversation and good food.

Sunday my little sister is coming into town to play, feel the baby kick and help with the nursery. I can't wait to see her and giver her a big hug. I miss her laugh.

Yesterday on the way home from work I encountered a craving that I very rarely have. Coldstone. I am not the biggest fan of ice cream so expensive rich ice cream is way lower on my "want" list of sweets to eat. I said no to my craving and headed home to take care of the dogs and search for a healthy snack. I made it home before Allen so I called him on his cell and said "can you pick me up a snack? like a chick fa la Oreo milkshake?" (ps i never know how to spell chick fa la) So much for that healthy snack idea. He said he could and that is when I told him I really wanted coldstone but felt bad about going so far to get it. His response " well lets go! I will pick you up and we can go get an ice cream" My heart melted. My knight in shining armor. So i put on a new shirt, a little make up and informed the puppy's that I was the luckiest pregnant woman around

At coldstone and our walk around Atlantic Station I saw the following:
--a woman with her shirt halfway down. Her bra was nothing special but she felt the need to show it off.

-- a man humping a woman from behind in the coldstone line

-- a man wearing a uncle sam's hat and a long white shirt that resembled a nightgown

So we got dessert and a show all before dinner!! It was a great precourser to this weekend.

I hope you have a fabulous one too!

2 comments: