Thursday, January 13, 2011

19

In honor of Atlanta's temperature last night I figured I would write down 19 things that I can see from my view right now:

1. Molly in her bouncy seat
2. Dr.Pepper can
3. Tv/wii remote
4. 2 Christmas Stockings hanging from the fire place
5. The Nativity Scene on our mantle
6. Beach towel ( we needed something the dogs for the dogs to dry off on after coming in from the snow)
7. Diaper bag
8. Glade plug in
9. Allen's coffee mug
10. Baby monitor
11. Picture of Allen and I in our get away car from the wedding
12. A pack of corsage pins
13. TV tray
14. 3 candles in a jar, only one with candle still left in it.
15. Flat screen TV
16. Red glittery Christmas ornaments
17. Fresh flowers that allen bought me on his last grocery store visit.
18. A little plant "polka dot plant" in honor of Molly
19. An iphone

So we have been stuck indoors for much longer than the "snow" days that have been all over the news. Life with a newborn keeps you pretty close to home. At first it was simply for physical recovery, then it was because of the Christmas crowds, then it was to keep Molly away from sick people, then it was because of the post-Christmas crowds and now it is because of the snow. Don't get me wrong, I have been to TJ max, Target, Walmart and Publix. I am aching to go to the park - for a day with sunshine and temps warm enough for Molly to venture out without me being worried about her catching a cold.

I have loved our Pajama days. I have loved watching movies in bed, saving money on home cooked meals, mornings and nights by the fireplace. I have loved loved loved spending time with Molly. Right now I am typing this little entry and looking at her in her bouncy seat. She has one hand on her ear and the other one balled in a fist underneath her chin. She is covered in pink fuzzy blankets (because we had a GIRL) and she is falling asleep. I love the way she smells and the way she sighs as she is falling asleep. I love that her hands are so expressive and that she is already showing us that she is her own little person. I do not want her to grow or get any bigger but I look forward to being able to talk to her and have her respond. I look forward to us painting our toenails together, celebrating holidays together and picking her from school and listening to her tell me about her day.

As for now, I love that she falls asleep on my chest, and that her hands are so tiny that she can only hold on to one finger at a time. I love my daughter and feel so blessed to have her a part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment