Monday, March 21, 2011

A magical getaway

 This weekend Molly experienced a few "firsts."  First she experienced her first cold. A crummy crummy cold. I hated (and currently still do since her cold is in full swing) seeing her nose run, hearing her congested and listening to her cough. She was warm to the touch every day but every time we took her temperature she was in the clear. We are very thankful for the absence of fever. She also experienced her first hot day out in Atlanta. Saturday was HOT. We had the ac cranked full blast in our car as we drove around the city. It was so nice to enjoy the sunshine but ummmm what happened to spring? I guess I will go to walmart tonight and purchase some baby sunscreen....She also experienced her first taste of Mexico! Not to worry, no jalapenos in her bottle but Allen did take us to this magical get away.
 Here is Molly and Me at the magical get away.
 Here are the glass circles that hung from the ceiling. Molly was in awe. You could hardly get her to look at you she was so in love with these organge circles.
Allen having to smile for the camera. Looks a little caught off gaurd.

 About the magical get away: Downtown Atlanta has a lot of old buildings.  A lot of hidden gems like coffee shops, botiques and resturants. Allen sold this place to me as " a place to get coffee, breakfast and sweets." Not to shabby but not on my to do list of places to go either. I have to admit I was bummed that we were taking time out of Saturday to go grab a cup of coffee. HOWEVER when I walked in it took my breath away. I literally felt like I had stepped into a resort south of the border. It is a beautiful place to visit. I will have to post more pictures later. I really don't want to describe it because it will not do it any justice. We had so much fun (the short time we stayed) picking out our tiny desrets and ordering coffee. My husband knows me so well and my love for all things international.

1 comment:

  1. That place looks awesome!!!! Good for ya'll not being afraid to take your baby out into public. The more you do it the easier it gets. And if you didn't Molls would miss out on all the cool things Atlanta has to offer.

    ReplyDelete