Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Sadness in the News

Today on my morning route to work I listened to the news. It was filled with much sadness.

In Missouri people are still waiting to be found, discovered and rescued. The rain is making it harder for everyone including the dogs to find bodies trapped under houses, in basements or cars. The hospital has closed completely due to floors being riped out, windows broken and damaged rooms.

In South Africa they are running out of land for graves. They are doing grave recycling which is basically burying people on top of people. Some people do not know what to do because due to their religious beliefs that is not allowed. Land is scarce because of the booming population and need for housing and farming. What would we do if that was our news story? How would we feel, how would we bury our loved ones?

I am so thankful for everything in this moment. My life. My health. My husband of two years. My beautiful baby girl. My job and my breakfast. My friends and my family. My home and all the memories that I have been blessed with. SO THANKFUL. That today I don't have to worry about picking up pieces of my home that have been scattered by a tornado or trying to reconcile the idea of recycling graves.

How are you thankful?

No comments:

Post a Comment