Monday, October 24, 2011

what does it mean to you?

what does the word church mean to you?
i was sitting in my church yesterday morning and i started thinking about that word.
sometimes i don't like that word because i feel like nowadays there is such a watered down version
when i think/hear of the word church i think of a lot of different things
i think of jesus
i think of my home church i grew up in
i think of home and of the sunday school leaders that loved me and helped grow me in my faith
i think of the world wide church
i think of my church now, pcc that is amazing and life giving
i think of church as a safe place

but as i sat there on sunday fully tuned into the Lord i realized that church is all those things
but
most importantly it is a place that helps me remember. remember that i am so loved
that i am never forgotten or left behind
i am a part of god's long arching story
and that
is

amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment