Wednesday, November 16, 2011

in awe.

1st John 2:1


I write this, dear children, to guide you out of sin. But if anyone does sin, we have a Priest-Friend in the presence of the Father: Jesus Christ, righteous Jesus. When he served as a sacrifice for our sins, he solved the sin problem for good—not only ours, but the whole world's.
 
I was just reading this and I had to stop and share. I mean do you understand that? That GOD loves the WHOLE WIDE WORLD?!! The past, present, and future? All of those people?? I mean if you stop and think about it it just amazing. He loves the students that I teach, he has always known them. He loves the lady at Chickfila who served me my coffee this morning. He loves the the orphan and he loves the old. He loves the student with behavior problems just as much as he loves the student who walks across to accept an award for AB honor roll. I know the verse is talking about SACRIFICE but you don't sacrifice without love.
You don't give up, give away or let go of something that you don't care about. A sacrifice is something that you give up for someone or something else. God gave up his one and only son. one. just one. for me and for my students and for the people in India or Africa or Belize that i will never ever meet.
 
it's a struggle for me to want to give up an hour of my weekend time with molly to volunteer at church. that is one hour. i cannot fathom giving up her LIFE for someone else who lied, or stole, or had an affair or the list goes on. her life is precious. every single second. so was jesus life. but his life ended so mine could go on forever. and anyone else who chooses to place their faith and trust in God alone.
 
all i can say is thank you to jesus and to god the father. glory in the highest to you lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment