Thursday, November 19, 2009

Looking for-ward to the weekend

I am so looking forward to this weekend. I look forward to every weekend but this weekend I am going HOME. After moving away from home to go to Auburn my defintion of home started to change. It used to be the address of the house I grew up in and it still is in some ways. I started defining home more by the people I was surrounding myself with instead of a location or an address. I have called Auburn home. I have called Atlanta home. I have even called temporary places that I have stayed (like a hostel) home. But st. simons I think will always win. I have millions and billions of memories on that island. I have so many places tucked away in my heart that remind of me of peace, laughter and satisfaction. I have thinking spots that I go to that are only on St. Sinons. I look forward to going HOME because of the people that are waiting for me. I love curling up on the couch with my mom and dad and watching a moive. Meeting Kelly at sweet mamas for breakfast and heading out to the beach. Walking to my grandmothers house to visit with her and just recieve the love she has for me. I just love being HOME. Ever since I met allen its been hard to enjoy HOME as much as I used too. I feel like a part of me is missing, and now it really is. I have only been home a few times without him since we have been together. And each time I look forward to HOME with such full anticipation and each time I am sadly let down because I realize that its not as much fun, as releaxing, as enjoyable without allen there. Its not that my family isn't "enough" or friends aren't "enough" but I miss allen. I miss being near him. I miss his laughter and his love.

I am sure this weekend will be the same. I am counting down the days until I pack my car and head HOME but I know that once I get there and unpack my bag, say hey to my family I will be thinking...." i wish allen was here. I miss him" So I am sure I will call him and tell him. I will probably tell him that all weekend long until I head back to Atlanta for Thanksgving with HIS family. A first. My first thanksgiving with him too. A first time to see how his family cooks their turkey, spends their holiday together, etc. We are bringing a few side items and his mom his cooking the bird. I am excited about Thanksgiving. I might have a few minor melt downs because I love tradition and I am going to miss my family. Having Thanksgiving a certain way for 26 years and then introducing change might be a little hard for me, but I am praying about it and thankful for a family so close by.

I have to add a list. Because I love lists. So really its more for me than anyone else:

What I am looking forward to this weekend:
Seeing my family
Having some thinking time on the long drive home
Seeing friends
Enjoying real sea food
Going to church
Shopping with my mom in Jacksonville
Smelling the salt air when I get on the causeway
Taking Maggie to the beach
Wearing flip flops
Exchanging cars with my mom so I can bring back dining room chairs

YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment