Wednesday, March 10, 2010

use your imagination

So today we were teaching about the Panama Canal. We have maps and textbooks and drawing to show the kids how the Panama Canal is this amazing thing. We also have videos that are updated to show kids how the locks work, how ships are getting bigger and bigger so that one day the Panama Canal might be obsolete.

Today was a day we showed the video. As the students were getting settled in to their desks and lights were being turned off, I noticed a child up at the front moving his hand back and forth from his mouth to his waist. I asked him what he was doing. He said, " I am eating popcorn, like at the movies." I loved that. It made me laugh because I honestly think that only a kid would do that. Every now and again adults have relapses and act like kids.

I vote for more relapses in 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment