Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Carpenter Bees

This past week was my spring break. It was much needed and much enjoyed. Yesterday, my first day back I felt like I was in a fog. By 6pm I was almost delirious I was so tired. I am sure my CPA thought that I was on drugs or something. Its amazing how fast your body and mind get used to sleeping in. I really enjoyed the sleeping in part. I loved waking up, making coffee and then sitting on the front porch swing and enjoying the birds and the coffee and Maggie running around her new front yard. I discovered that there is a wren's nest for perfect viewing if you sit on the swing. I would watch the wren fly away and then come back to nest. I would listen to all the different birds and the weather was just perfect. I also discovered we have a lot of carpenter bees. It is so cool to watch them just hover and they will get so so close to you. Maggie will stand really still when one is close by and then she will jump up and eat it. After about 2 seconds she releases it from her mouth and they fly away.

This morning was not like that morning. It was a good morning, enough time to get ready and make coffee and talk to allen for a little while before I left. I didn't rush or feel rushed. I just miss that porch swing and the time to listen to my thoughts and be still. And honestly, I could still have that time. Its just hard to move myself from my warm and comfortable bed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment