Thursday, May 20, 2010

Packing Up

We have finally reached that time again...the last day of school. As a student I loved the last day of school. Signing yearbooks, teachers were laid back, knowing there was no homework, the happy but sad emotions throughout the hallways knowing you wouldn't see some people until the next year. Good times.

Experiencing it as a teacher though is quite the different story. Oh I am glad that there is the end of the school year on the calender. I am very glad that it is tomorrow but the last day of school is SO pointless. Students are told not to bring anything to school, not even a pencil so they know that they are not doing any work. I have been watching the same scenes from Apollo 13 over and over again because we have 5 periods of students to get through. We have the students that are sweet and want to tell you how much fun they had in your class. I like those students. Lets just have those students for the last day of school ;). We also get the students who say "today is the last day i have to see you again right?" haha....they think that there 11 year old little words cause insult. That's what I want to tell them anyway, but no one wants to hear that you don't want to be seen anymore. Oh well, teenage girls - after teaching them I just can't wait to raise one! (insert sarcasm here). So the last day of school we welcome them in, show them movies, feed them, put them on the bus and then say "Have a wonderful Summer!" and wave happily goodbye.

We are left to pack up our rooms, clean out our desks and check of lists so that we the teachers can be free for summer. I like lists, I used to like them a lot more and I defiantly like MY lists better than the "teacher" lists...its 3 whole pages!!

But really I can't complain, I have 2 whole months off to enjoy any way I want and I am beyond happy about that! Summer 2010 is going to be seriously awesome. Just wait....

No comments:

Post a Comment