Thursday, October 21, 2010

The early bird gets the worm

Up early enough this morning to watch the sky turn from black to dark blue to grey blue to pinkish blue

Up early enough this morning to get to Starbucks before all the good tiny treats were purchased

Up early enough this morning to get a treat and fill my car up with gas before arriving to school

Up early enough this morning to to know that by 2:30 pm I will feel like it is 4:30 pm.


I walked into my school building this morning and there was hardly anyone around. A few people were putting up bulletin boards, a few people were unlocking their classroom doors and I felt this feeling. The feeling of loving being a teacher. Of coming to work every day in a classroom with pencil sharpeners and white boards and construction paper bulletin boards. It was a good feeling.

I am so happy that it is Thursday. One day closer to this weekend. The weekends are always filled with such hope and promise. Time to spend with just Allen. Time to sleep in. Time to do things that I don't have time to enjoy during the week, like going to the park, being creative in the kitchen or being lazy with my husband. JOY.

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment