Thursday, October 21, 2010

Pregnancy Cravings....or lack there of

The following foods I do not want to eat either at all or I have barely eaten during this fun season of pregnancy:

- fish

- beef (as in cheeseburger, steak, etc)

- strawberries (used to be absolute favorite fruit)

- granola bars

- Chinese food

-Mexican food


The following foods I have loved to eat anytime....
- olives

-chips ( i have outgrown that phase, but it lasted at least a month)

- fried shrimp

- apples

- pasta

- taco bell ( i know its bad)

- Orange juice

-apple juice

- red chewy candies (like sour patches)

It has been a food adventure to see what I can't get enough of and what totally turns my stomach. Allen took me to a beautiful romantic dinner in the mountains recently and I ordered something that sounded so amazing. Lavender crusted Atlantic salmon, garlic mashed potatoes and asparagus. More than half my meal went home in a doggie bag never to be touched again. I took one bite of the fish and my stomach turned. I ate most of my mashed potatoes because it was the only thing that I could handle. Silly me for forgetting I have maybe eaten one piece of fish so far during my pregnancy.

Then take this morning for example. I think I finished a carton of orange juice all by myself. I stood in front of the fridge and drank out of the carton I was so thristy. I NEVER do that. I got to work 45 minutes later and was asking a co-worker if she knew anyone that had orange juice they would share....crazy.

I have always enjoyed food but this has been interesting. More often than not, I can only think of things that I do not want instead of things that I just have to have. However, tonight, I have to have some fried shrimp.

No comments:

Post a Comment