Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Ellen

I am currently watching Ellen on TV. I had forgotten how funny she is. Today is her birthday and they are giving away gifts to their student audience. So far the studio audience has received a trip to Las Vegas, a watch that our current President wears and the newest blackberry phone. I think I would take the Las Vegas trip.

The past few days have been interesting for us. Husband has been working late late and I decided on a whim to start Molly on a schedule. So far we have done pretty well, except yesterday the only thing I had time to eat before 3pm was a malt ball. Today I am doing much better. I ate half an egg salad sand which and some salsa and chips. Today Molly is doing much better than yesterday. I have surprised myself with this whole schedule thing. For someone who loves to buy planners and goes through sticky notes like crazy - I really could care less if Molly is on a schedule. I am learning the importance of it though now for my peace of mind and for her success when she goes off and leaves me for day care. Jenna, I wish you were closer and Molly could replace Pierce. Boo. So far she eats every 3 hours until nighttime. Then we go for longer stretches and she is handling it pretty well. For someone who I can't really communicate with except to smile and make faces at she is cooperating as best she can I think. This morning was really fun. After her big breakfast I was trying to make her smile. I got a tiny one when I blew all over her face and made her hair move. That was beautiful. Later on in our day she nestled her little face in my neck and that was also beautiful.

I like mommyhood. I am amazed at God's plan and work in a mothers heart. I can see, feel and know that God is changing things. Maybe not out on the outside where others can see but on the inside. I am so thankful that God is at work and I am so thankful for whatever changes he wants to make.

Some things that about mommyhood that can be challenging at times, not all the time.
- learning how to say no to my inner need to clean the house all the time. For example, staying in is more common than going out so our house becomes messier much faster than before baby. Unloading dishes, laundry and trying get all this christmas stuff up in the attic is going to happen before febuary (please!).

- trying to balance taking care of me, molly, allen, marriage, family relationships.

- drying my hair. Wow what a difference that can be. I have been able to dry my hair twice this week and its only wednesday. That is REALLY good!

- cooking. Um hasn't really happened yet. I see it in my future now that we seem to have a schedule in place but that could all change in an instant.

molly is calling, must go!

No comments:

Post a Comment