Saturday, January 22, 2011

Our house = Time warp

Our house has become a time warp. Or maybe just a black hole. Somehow time does not seem to exist. But then again time is all I think about. What time is it? Does Molly need to eat? When was the last time I fed her? How long has she been asleep? Is it time for a bottle? etc.

I cannot believe how fast time goes when I am constantly consumed with time. On days when daddy is not with us morning time is the hardest. Morning seems to last the longest. When daddy is with us, morning time doesn't really happen. We sleep in (meaning we go back to bed after each feeding). We sometimes wake in time for breakfast but usually not. Evening time is the shortest, but yet the longest at the same time. Eating, feeding, pumping all seem to need to happen at once which makes things last a lot longer than they should.

Somehow the time goes by....somehow I never seem to get the things done on my list that I would like. Somehow I am always in a haze so even figuring out a grocery list requires more brain concentration than I feel like I am capable of. It is strange going from doing things a certain way for 20 some years and then all of a sudden switching gears. No longer do I just pick up and go. No longer do I have the luxury to do laundry whenever I want or make a publix run because we are out of milk. I have other things to think about other time constraints to work within. It is very interesting to say the least.

Today I would love to return some things to the mall (mall? wait what is that?) and deposit some checks, take down our Christmas tree (i know) and maybe even mail some thank you notes. I wonder which one of those will get done. I am betting against the trip to the mall. Maybe I can get the bins down from the attic to attempt to start the Christmas tree removal - who knows. If none of them get done, there is always life tomorrow in the time warp.


1 comment:

  1. Going from normal life to baby life is a crazy transition for sure. All of those things will get done on your list but in very small increments and at a snails pace. This new way of living in short bursts of time totally works for me though. Bc I normally use my time so much better if I only have a couple of hours to do something rather than having an entire week. It's like killing the procrastinating side of me. Which is great! I can't wait until you start getting more sleep and on a regular schedule. When that happens you will really be able to enjoy motherhood. I mean REALLY love it.

    ReplyDelete