Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Beach Trip Part I


If I had to describe our first family vacation in three words I think I would use: unorganized, amazing, successful!

We left in the later afternoon on Tuesday and arrived around midnight. We stopped and had a nice country dinner at Cracker Barrel and also stopped to have Allen's tires checked. Those two stops really held us up and made our 5 hour trip much much longer. Molly did great! She took a bottle at dinner and then again when we made it to St. Simon's. Mom and Dad were happily awaiting us and it was so wonderful to see smiling faces after a long drive.

The next few days included Allen sleeping in, Mom making breakfast, everyone playing with Molly in the morning and enjoying many cups of coffee. We met family members for lunch at some of our favorite places and talked with friends over coffee. We went down to the village and walked Molly around the pier in the afternoon and hung out at home.

I think the main reason that I chose the word "unorganized" to describe our vacation was because Allen and I had very different expectations of what this time would look like. Next time we make a big trip we will definitely try to talk about that before hand so everyone feels like they got to do what they wanted and no one feels as if time was wasted.

Thursday night Allen went on our first "real" date since having Molly, meaning Molly was not with us. It felt kinda like we were back in high school though because my mom dropped us off and picked us back up. We enjoyed a fun dinner at a local sushi spot and then walked over to Allen's favorite coffee shop. We were able to make it back home in time for Molly's bathtime routine. It was a great night with my husband and my daughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment