Monday, April 18, 2011

Beach Trip Part II

The rest of our time at the beach was so blessed.  Some of my mom's friends threw Molly her first party and she was awesome. It was at the peak of her nap time and feeding time and yet she still smiled and laughed at all that came to see her.  I also got to see some of my mom's friends who have become woman that I love dearly and I was so happy in my heart to share Molly with them. We ate tiny sandwiches and strawberries, mini pecan pies and brie with brown sugar and pecans. Lovey ( my mom, molly's grandmother) bought Molly her first party dress, a soft pink smocked dress with dancing lambs across the collar. I got to talk to a good friend who has a baby girl 2 months younger than Molly and that did this mommy's heart some good. Many friends blessed us + Molly with some beautiful things for her. Books that will teach her how to read and toys that will keep her entertained. Night lights to guide our way around her room in the dark and beautiful frames to capture memories.

Later that evening we drove over to Sea Island and showed Molly one of God's greatest creations, the beach! It was sunset and beautiful. We returned another day to put her feet in the warm sand and the cool ocean water. A and I had so much fun watching her face as she experienced the breeze and the sand between her toes. I got some amazing photos and I can't wait to tell Molly of this experience when she is old enough to remember.

Our last night was the best night of all. We were given a beautiful home to stay in right on the beach for free. We sat out on the patio and watched the sunset. We ate leftovers from the party and drank some wine. As it grew dark we gathered inside we ordered pizza and watched an old movie. We laughed and talked and fell asleep in a huge king size bed. It was a gift to us to end our vacation this way.

We take another trip down in June and are staying at a beach house with my family. Its funny that we will be staying at a house that is not our own but I cannot wait. We will wake up with the sun and go to bed with the sun. I can't wait to enjoy Molly more down at the beach!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like such a beautiful time. That beach house is going to be so much fun in june! It'll really feel like a vacation bc you wont be at your parents house.

    ReplyDelete