Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

First things first.
Why is that we only have a few three day weekends throughout the year? Why isn't every weekend a three day weekend? I swear people would be happier and more productive at their jobs.

We had a busy Memorial Day weekend. I love this holiday for two reasons. One of course is the opportunity to remember those who have fought for our freedom of past and present and the other is the memories of my wedding day. Even though the actual date is not the same the time of year is. I loved our wedding day and I love talking with Allen about our little memories of that special day.

Back to the rundown. We celebrated Allen's 28th with good friends, babies and authentic Mexican food. We celebrated with cheesecake and chocolate cake as well. We celebrated with candles that glowed blue, pink and yellow.

We slept in on some days and we went to bed early on others. We stayed at the hotel downtown where Gone with the Wind first premiered. We drank lots of coffee and watched the passersby's walk around. We went out to our favorite Thai restaurant. I got a pedicure. Allen gardened. We went to Target. We even did the laundry.


It was a good weekend. I was sad to see it go but I am so glad it stayed around for an extra day!

1 comment: