Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The great thing about being a mom...

The great thing about being a mom is you get to be a kid again.

For example: The amount of laying on the floor and playing with toys has dramatically increased. My dancing and singing skills are a bit dusty but they are definitely getting a good work out. Making silly faces and rhyming words are part of my daily routine.

One of the hard things about being a mom is that the job is never done.

For example: This summer one of my "goals" was to be able to get Molly on a good nap/sleep schedule. We have done that well thank to Molly and her easy going ways. However, the schedule I put her on was one appropriate for a 4-6 month old. Well in about 2 weeks she will be the grand old age of 7 months. So that means re-vamping the whole schedule again. Then about 3 weeks after that I enter the work force (I am in denial) and Molly goes back to day care. I am sure everything will change then ... again. So yesterday and today during Molly's nap time I took some ME time. I slept. I browsed the world wide web. I got a little bit more organized. Tomorrow I will be reading up on the change of schedules for an older baby. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment