Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Don't stand by

There are two major human issues that have been weighing on my mind and heavily weighing on my heart.

1. the crisis in the congo

2. human/sex trafficking

I believe both of these issues are human issues. It does not matter your race, gender, faith background or age to be concerned about what is happening in these two arenas of life. Both of these, the crisis in the Congo and the rampant human trafficking are absolutely devastating to me. I believe the Lord has brought these two problems to the forefront of my heart not to just say "oh that is so sad! Where is God in this?" or " wow, i wish i could do something about that." No. I believe that he has brought them to my heart because they are His Heart. I can't imagine the grief and sorrow our Lord knows and feels in regards to these issues. My heart is broken on a daily basis and I only know a tiny person with a tiny bit of information.

For the next couple of days I really want to share information with you that I know in hopes that you will read it and be changed. Maybe you will pass it on, maybe you will begin to pray, maybe you will learn something new and the Lord will lay His heart over yours and you will begin to ache with the longing of healing and restoration for a beautiful country full of people in need or a generation of millions who are trapped in a sexual slave trade.

I don't know a lot. My mind is like a sponge soaking up information where I can find it. My heart is just out there trying to do something now instead of sitting around and just talking about a problem.

Today I read an article in the NY Times. The PICTURE was more than enough to stir every emotion in my heart. In my heart of hearts I wish I was on a plane tonight that was directed towards the Republic of Congo. Sometimes I feel like tPeter because I just want to go/do/act without thinking or without waiting on the Lord.

I am praying for so many things right now that are amazing and huge and confusing and would be hopeless if I was praying to anyone other than my Father in Heaven.

Please take 3 minutes to click the picture link and read just one story of the current crisis of the Congo. This story is really nothing in comparision to what I have read, but the picture tells a much bigger story than what is written.

No comments:

Post a Comment