Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Today is an important day

Today is an important day. January 11 is Human Trafficking awareness day. Last year January 11 was just January 11th. Nothing extraordinary. Nothing important - at least nothing that I can remember.

But now I know. I can't stand by and do nothing. I have to say something.

Its more than a blockbuster movie with Hollywood stars. Its more than a billboard or a poster you might see. It is real life. Not for me, and not for you but for someone who is just as valuable and important.

Lately I have been scouring the A21 website trying to absorb all the amazing information that they have put at our fingertips. Over my Christmas break from work I was able to hear Christine Caine speak at the Passion 2012 conference. I have never in my entire life heard such a dynamic speaker. The Holy Spirit was definitely speaking through her to the 42,000 + that attended the conference that afternoon. She heads up the A21 campaign which you can like up with right ------------ > HERE

One statement that was repeated over and over was " Ignorance is not an option" and you know, it really isn't. We live in such an "all access" world. Information, news, resources are all available with a click of a button. Most friends and family I know have the Internet literally in the palm of their hands so why don't people take advantage of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment