Thursday, January 12, 2012

he is the MOST personal God

Do you know how personal God is? Incredibly. Sometimes I forget this little known fact about Him and he kindly reminds me.

Take yesterday morning for example. I had the opportunity to take 10 minutes before I left the house and pour over Psalm 23.  A verse that I had never really paid much attention to before stood out to me. Verse 5 says "you annoit my head with oil; my cup overflows." I asked God to make that true of me that day. I asked Him to write His words on my heart and to allow His word to not stay inside me but because of  the overflow, pour out.

One the way to work I felt a little nudge from the Holy Spirit and decided to call a sweet friend to see if I could pray for her or encourage her in anyways. I almost didn't because I was so afraid that it might come off the wrong way like it was all about me or something.

Turns out that phone call was completely in the Lords plans. At 8 o'clock on a random weekday morning she answered the phone in need of some encouragement. It was so awesome! I just can't get over how God united us with Him in that moment. It wasn't about me trying to do something nice it was about the Lord knowing one of his children was in need and asking another child to help out. After our conversation had ended I was in awe. It was so awesome to say to the Lord "use me, i am here, i am yours, help me say yes more than i say no today" and then less than one hour later the Lord said "oh, you want me to use you? okay that's awesome, call your friend, tell you love her and ask her if you can pray for her. it is for my namesake, it is for my glory."

He is so personal. SO personal. I hope I believe this more and more about Him and that I continue to say yes to Him more than I say no.

No comments:

Post a Comment