Tuesday, January 17, 2012

police, cheesecake,and diapers

Last week was quite a week. Some adjectives to describe the week I had would be: busy, fun, long, short, scary, confusing, enjoyable, encouraging, loving, happy.

It all started on Thursday. If you have ever ridden in the car with me you know I am not afraid to use my horn. It was built into the car for a good reason is my philosophy. Now, I am not someone who randomly honks at other drives just because they don't turn on their turn signal but I will use my horn when someone cuts me off, veers into my lane or is sitting at a red light for a looooooooooooooooong time. I am sorry if those kind of people annoy you or cause you to roll your eyes but yes I am one of them.

.....anyways I was driving home from work and this car pulled out in front of me going about 20 mph. I was going about 50 (speed limit) so it was first dangerous and then secondly annoying. So I honked my horn. I might have layed on my horn a little too. When I could I passed the driver and went on my merry way. Except he was really mad. He didn't like that I honked my horn at him. Not one bit. So he pulled up beside me and started screaming at me, throwing his hands in the air, getting in front of me and slowing way down so I was forced to go the same speed limit. I was starting to get a little worried and in fact fearful as we pulled up to a stop light. Allen told me to call the police so that is what I did. I had to file a police report etc. It made the afternoon more hectic than I would have liked but I am okay and I really hope that angry driver man gets some help before he has another freak out on the road.

Friday night I celebrated a big birthday for one of my best friends. I met some new people and really had a great time getting to know them. We stayed out LATE and ate cheesecake and sang happy birthday. It was so much fun.

Saturday morning molly woke us up earlier than normal crying and crying. I think we drifted in and out of sleep for about 15 minutes before we actually went to get her. As I picked her up out of her crib I noticed that she was soaking wet so I took her to her changing table to put on a fresh diaper and pajamas. Well apparently she stored up all her peeing for nighttime and made her diaper explode. Have you ever seen the stuff that is inside the diaper? It is impossible to get off of a sticky, cold, screaming baby. Allen and I both were barely awake trying to figure out how to remedy the situation. I felt so stupid. Haha all part of the job title I suppose. We eventually ended up putting her in the bathroom sink with warm water and a washcloth. All before 7am. Yippie!

Besides all of that - molly is cutting her two top teeth and I am just hoping and praying that she doesn't look like a rabbit. She is walking more and talking up a storm and it is PURE JOY to my heart. Allen and I had a great weekend being married and trying to help each other out more by really paying attention to each other's needs and concerns. I got to take a nap when Molly napped on Sunday and talk to a dear friend who lives in Italy. I had the freedom to worship Jesus on Sunday night and to love on my neighbors and a stranger at goodwill. It was a fantastic weekend and I am so so so thankful that we had Monday off!

1 comment:

  1. Wow- what a mix of emotions!
    1. I know exactly what youre talking about when you say molly's diaper exploded. That stuff is like wet insulation or something else terribly unnatural. It's AWFUL! I cant imagine having to deal with it before 8 am haha.
    2. Molly in no way will look like a wabbit once her 2 top teef come in. She will be even more precious (if thats even possible!) It will take them a little while to come all the way out so you wont be in as much shock when they are 2 perfect tiny teeth in her smile.
    3. I can't wait to hear what this weekend is like!

    ReplyDelete