Thursday, October 1, 2009

Another chilly night in store for us in Atlanta!

Last night was something out of a movie. Something simple yet magical. After Allen cooked us a big pot of Mexican chili we ventured out into the cool autumn air. It was dark outside, our street lit only by the florescent glow of the street lights and scattered light from homes within the neighborhood. I had a mug of hot tea in my hands keeping me warm and allen had Maggie on the leash. We walked down the middle of the street talking about how great fall felt to us. We talked about the houses on our street. We talked about Maggie. We had moments of silence that were so comfortable.

Maybe to someone else that experience, that memory would not be magical. But to me…it is etched in my memory with allen forever.

I hope that we have many more nights like that this fall. And next fall…and the next….

No comments:

Post a Comment