Friday, October 2, 2009

Birds of a feather flock together

Geese. You know those birds that have long necks and make honking sounds? The ones that always happened to make an appearance on “America’s Funniest Home Videos?” The ones that run and goose somebody from behind? Or attack a poor child who is just enjoying themselves in the park? Yeah. Those.

Every morning and every afternoon I see these animals. In large numbers too. Where? Oh, at my school. Is there a lake nearby? Nope. I even see them on the side of the road sometimes walking in single file from the nearby church. Hmm….

I love these geese. They make me smile every time I see them. I love watching them walk because they:
A. waddle
B. start off in a clump and magically fall into single file line in a matter of a minute.

They disappear in the wintertime. I guess they go somewhere warmer. I hope that wherever they go they make the people there happy too.

**side note** this year, the geese have become very adamant about leaving their poop on the students sidewalk where the buses meet them. I don’t know if the geese get picked on during P.E. or if they just have a funny sense of humor but I have almost peep my pants during bus duty. In case you didn’t know, 6th graders don’t look where they are going when they walk. Just think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment